Procedures for foreigners’ temporary residence extension in Viet Nam
Order and procedures:
Step 1: Preparing a dossier in accordance with the law.
Step 2: Submitting the dossier:
1. Vietnamese agencies and organizations, Vietnamese citizens and foreigners residing legally in Vietnam shall submit the dossier at the offices of the Immigration Department of the Ministry of Public Security:
a) 44-46 Trần Phú Str., Ba Đình District, Hà Nội.
b) 333-335-337 Nguyễn Trãi Str., District 1, Hồ Chí Minh City.
c) 07 Trần Quý Cáp Str., Đà Nẵng city.
2. Officers receiving the dossier shall check the legality and contents of the dossier:
+ If the dossier is appropriately completed, officers shall receive it, print and hand over a receipt with the date of receiving results.
+ If the dossier is not appropriately completed, officers shall guide the applicant to supplement the dossier.
* Working time: from Monday to Saturday morning (except for New Year’s days, holidays and Sundays).
Step 3: Receiving the result:
a) The person who comes to receive the result shall present the receipt to the officers handing over the result for examination. If there is a result of temporary residence extension, the officers will ask that person to pay fees and sign for receipt.
b) Working time: from Monday to Friday (except for New Year's days, public holidays and Saturdays, Sundays).
Application submission: Submitting directly at the office of the Immigration Department of the Ministry of Public Security.
Contents, number of dossiers:
+ Contents of dossiers:
a) An application form for visa, stay extension (form NA5).
b) Passports or international travel documents of foreigners.
+ Number of dossiers: 01 (one) set.
Processing time: within 05 working days from the date of receipt.
Subjects of application: agencies, organizations and foreigners residing legally in Vietnam.
Competent authorities: Immigration Department, Ministry of Public Security.
Results of administrative procedures: stay extension
Fee (if any): US$10.
Application forms (if any): Application forms for visa, stay extension (form NA5 attached to Circular No. 04/2015/TT-BCA, dated January 5th 2015 of the Ministry of Public Security).
Requirements and conditions for administrative procedures (if any):
1. Agencies and organizations applying for supplementing, amending visas, or extending temporary residence for foreigners or Vietnamese holding foreign passports have already had a document proving their legal person status at the Immigration Department of the Ministry of Public Security.
2. Foreigners, Vietnamese nationals holding foreign passports with valid passports, visas (except for cases of visa exemption), temporary residence certifications issued by competent Vietnamese agencies, currently residing at Vietnam and is not in the category of "not yet allowed to enter Vietnam" or not subject to "suspension from exit".
3. Vietnamese citizens applying for supplementing, amending visas or extending temporary residence for foreigners, Vietnamese holding foreign passports must be the people who are parents, spouses or children of foreigners or Vietnamese people holding foreign passports (presenting proof of relationship).
(Translated by Gia Vi)